Lambeth LGBT Community Network
ADOPTED ON: 05th April 2016
The name of the Forum shall be Lambeth LGBT Community Network
The aims of the Forum shall be to:
- To seek to understand the needs of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans communities that live, work or socialise in the borough of Lambeth.
- To represent those needs on behalf of represented Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans individuals, groups and organisations within the London Borough of Lambeth.
- To provide a forum for community engagement, discussion and consultation.
- To liaise with local authorities including the Police and Council.
- To carry out any other work as the forum deems fit.
In order to achieve its aims, the Forum may:
- Raise money
- Open bank accounts
- Take out insurance
- Employ staff
- Acquire and manage buildings
- Organise courses and events
- Work with other groups and exchange information
- Do anything that is lawful which will help it to fulfil its aims
(a) Membership of the Forum shall be open to any person over 16 who live, work or socialise in the London Borough of Lambeth or any organisation located in the area who is interested in helping the Forum to achieve its aims, willing to abide by the rules of the Forum and willing to pay any subscription agreed by the Management Committee.
(b) Membership shall be available to anyone without regard to gender, gender identity, race, nationality, disability, sexual preference, religion or belief or none.
(c) Every individual member and each organisation shall have one vote at General Meetings.
(d) The membership of any member may be terminated for good reason in line with the forum’s code of conduct by the Management Committee but the member has a right to be heard by the Management Committee before a final decision is made.
(e) Each member organisation shall appoint a representative to attend meetings of the Forum and notify the Forum’s Secretary of that person’s name.
(a) The Forum shall be administered by a Management Committee of the Officers and not more than twelve other members elected at the Forum `s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
(b) The Officers of the Management Committee shall be: The Chairperson, the Vice-chairperson, the Treasurer and the Secretary.
(c) The Management Committee shall meet at least once a month.
(d) The Chairperson or the Vice chairperson shall chair all meetings of the Forum.
(e) The quorum for Management Committee meetings shall be four members.
(f) Voting at Management Committee meetings shall be by show of hands. If there is a tied vote then the Chairperson shall have a second vote.
(g) The Management Committee may by a two-thirds majority vote and for a good and proper reason remove any Committee member, provided that person has the right to be heard before a final decision is made.
(h) The Management Committee may appoint another member of the Forum as a Committee member to fill a vacancy provided the maximum number is not exceeded.
6 Duties of the Officers
- The duties of the Chairperson are to:
- chair meetings of the Committee and the Forum
- represent the Forum at functions/meetings that the Forum has been invited to
- act as spokesperson for the Forum when necessary
- The duties of the Vice Chairperson are to:
- cover the duties of the Chairperson as and when required
- The duties of the Secretary are to:
- take and keep minutes of meetings
- prepare the agenda for meetings of the Committee and the Forum in consultation with the Chairperson
- maintain the membership list
- deal with correspondence
- collect and circulate any relevant information within the Forum
- The duties of the Treasurer are to:
- supervise the financial affairs of the Forum
- keep proper accounts that show all monies collected and paid out by the Forum
(a) Any money obtained by the Forum shall be used only for the Forum.
(b) Any bank accounts opened for the Forum shall be in the name of the Forum.
(c) Any cheques issued shall be signed by the Treasurer and one other nominated official.
(d) The management committee will nominate three people as signatories to sign cheques on behalf of the forum.
8 Annual General Meeting
(a) The Forum shall hold an Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) in the month of May.
(b) All members shall be given at least fourteen days’ notice of the A.G.M. and shall be entitled to attend and vote. The quorum for an AGM shall be twenty members.
(c) The business of the A.G.M. shall include:
(i) receiving a report from the Chairperson on the Forum`s activities over the year
(ii) receiving a report from the Treasurer on the finances of the Forum
(iii) electing a new Management Committee and
(iv) considering any other matter as may be decided.
9 Special General Meeting
A Special General Meeting may be called by the Management Committee or by any twenty members to discuss an urgent matter. The Secretary shall give all members fourteen days’ notice of any Special General Meeting together with notice of the business to be discussed. All members shall be entitled to attend and vote.
10 Alterations to the Constitution
Any changes to this Constitution must be agreed by at least two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting.
The Forum may be wound up at any time if agreed by two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting. In the event of winding up, any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be given to another organisation with similar aims.
This constitution was adopted at a general meeting of the Forum on 5th April 2016