From all of us at Lambeth’s LGBT+ Community Network we wish you a safe and happy Pride. On Sunday 26th June we will have a presence at Pride in the Park / UK Black Pride in Vauxhall Gardens – so come and join us at the Metro Charity stallWelcome to our WordPress blog,
Lambeth LGBT+ Community Network is Lambeth’s new LGBT+ borough forum. The old forum ceased meeting in 2009.
We hold regular meetings at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern to discuss local issues and plan our activities. We work in partnership with local authorities – Lambeth Council, Lambeth Police, key partners including Lambeth LGBT venues, charities, groups and organisations, and individuals to provide a forum for the interests of the local LGBT communities.
We also have representation on the Lambeth Independent Advisory Group.
- Email info@ lambethlgbtnetwork.org.uk
- Facebook page Lambeth LGBT
- WordPress site www.LambethLGBT.wordpress.com
- Lambeth LGBT Community Listings page
- Twitter @LambethLGBT
Meetings take place on the first Tuesday of each month at 6pm at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern.
Details of our meetings and events are available in the events section of our Facebook page here.
If you would like to come along to our meetings please sign up to the relevant Facebook events page.
- Chairperson; Phillipe Giovanni Chiraella
- Vice Chairperson; Mark Healey
- Secretary; vacant
- Treasurer; Laks Mann
- Partners; Lambeth MPS, Lambeth Council, Eagle London, Fire, Royal Vauxhall Tavern, Two Brewers, Metro Charity, 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign, Beyond Barriers.
We are currently looking for new members to join our steering group. If you are interested please get in touch.
We aim to promote and support local LGBT events (see our Events section here) and invite you to register your events with us so that we can share them across our social media.
We want to prevent hate crime in Lambeth, 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign have sponsored 1,000 London Hate Crime Reporting Cards to promote the three main reporting routes (1) Lambeth police, (2) Lambeth Council and (3) 3rd party independent advice and support organisations including Galop and the Metro Charity.
We will be handing out these cards at Pride in the Park in Vauxhall Gardens on Sunday 26th June, and plan to have a presence at the Metro Charity Stall.
LGBT Community Development Strategy for Lambeth
Working together one of the objectives of the Lambeth LGBT Community Network is to bring people, groups and organisations – who live, study, work and socialise in Lambeth – together – to draft an LGBT Community Development Strategy for the borough.
The aim is to have a borough LGBT forum similar to LGBT forums which exist in other boroughs.
- To seek to understand the current needs of the LGBT communities in Lambeth.
- To represent those needs within the borough where appropriate.
- To provide a forum for community engagement, discussion and consultation.
- To liaise with the local authorities (police and council), key partners and others to develop plans to meet those needs.
You can find out more about the developing plan here.
Lambeth LGBT Listings
We are developing a local listings here
Lambeth LGBT+ Community Forum
- Meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month 6pm at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern
- Click here for post about the Lambeth LGBT+ Community Forum
London LGBT Google Map
Lambeth LGBT Police Liaison Officers
- Lambeth has a team of 12 volunteer LGBT Police Liaison Officers
- Email lgbt-lx @met.police.uk
Lambeth Council LGBT Staff Network
- Lambeth Council has a LGBT staff Yammer Group
- contact via Lambeth UNISON LGBT Group
Lambeth UNISON LGBT Group
- Usually meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at Lambeth Council
- Contact Jackie Lewis or Eddie Wilde at Lambeth UNISON
- Click here for post about the Lambeth UNISON LGBT group
- Chariots Vauxhall (Sauna)
- Arch 63-64 Albert Embankment SE1
- Factory 65 (Club)
- 65 Goding Street SE11 5AW
- Fetish Freak (Shop)
- Arch 47b, South Lambeth Road SW8 1RH
- Fire (Club)
- South Lambeth Road, SW8 1RT
- Hidden (Club)
- 100 Tinworth Street SE11 5EQ
- Little Apple
- 98 Kennington Lane SE11 4XD
- Locker Room (Sauna)
- 8 Cleaver Street SE11 4DP
- Oval House Theatre (Theatre)
- 52-54 Kennington Oval SE11 5SW
- The Hoist (Men only club)
- Arch 47c, South London Road SW8 1RH
- The Tanning Shop
- 326 Kennington Lane SE11 5HY
- Union 65
- 66 Albert Embankment SE1 7TP
- Kazbar (Bar)
- 50 Clapham High Street SW4 7UL
- Rio Beach (Shop)
- 1a Earlham Street
- Soho Gyms (Gym)
- 95-97 Clapham High Street SW4 7TB
- The Bridge Bar (Bar)
- 8 Voltaire Road SE4 6DH
- Two Brewers(Bar/Club)
- 114 Clapham High Street SE4 7UJ
LGBT News Outlets
- Attitude (Monthly magazine)
- Beige Magazine (Free quarterly magazine)
- Boyz Magazine (Free weekly scene guide)
- Diva (Monthly magazine)
- Gay Star News (News website)
- Gay Times (Monthly magazine)
- Pink News (News website)
- QX Magazine (Free weekly scene guide)
- Broken Rainbow – LGBT Domestic Violence charity
- Galop – London’s leading anti-hate crime charity
- GMFA – London-based gay men’s health charity
- London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard LLGS – Helpline and Information Service
- Metro Centre online
- Pride in London
- Terrence Higgins Trust THT
- Turing Network – self-service information database